Pinners span the globe, but they all share an important trait: they’re actively seeking helpful, inspiring ideas. People use Pinterest to plan for what’s important in their lives, whether that’s easy dinner recipes, home renovation tips or the perfect pair of shoes. Why does Pinterest work so well? It’s a call to action site in a creative, non sales pressured environment.
People feel better when they are being creative than if they are just simply shopping. It makes the overall experience more emotional and gratifying to find that perfect place to eat or what to where to the restaurant while being inspired.
Check out the stats via Pinterest below and see if the demo meets your brand requirements!
Pinterest Market Value:
- 81% of Pinterest users are actually Females.
- 40% of New Signups are Men; 60% New Signups are Women.
- Men account for only 7% of total pins on Pinterest.
- Millennials use Pinterest as much as Instagram.
- Median age of a Pinterest user is 40, however majority of active pinners are below 40.
- Half of Pinterest users is $50K or greater per year, with 10 percent of Pinteresting households making greater than $125K.
- 30% of all US social media users are Pinterest users.
- 60% of Pinterest users are from US.
- Pinterest is currently valued at more than $11 billion as it raised $367 million.
- Prior to that Pinterest was valued at $5 billion.
- In 2014, international users grew more than 135 percent and is speculating an IPO in near future, this shows the impact of growth on overall value of a company.
- There are over 75 billion ideas on Pinterest.
- 87% of Pinners have purchased a product because of Pinterest.
- 72% of Pinners use Pinterest to decide what to buy offline.
- 67% of Pinners are under 40-years-old.
- Over 5% of all referral traffic to websites comes from Pinterest.
- Pinterest said 80% of its users access Pinterest through a mobile device.
- 93% of active pinners said they use Pinterest to plan for purchases and 87% said they’ve purchased something because of Pinterest.
- Two-thirds of pins represent brands and products.
- Food + Drink & Technology are the most popular categories for men.
- An average Pins made by an Active Female User is 158.
- Recipes: There are more than 1.7 billion recipe Pins.
- Shopping: Every day nearly 2M people Pin product rich Pins.
- Articles: More than 14 million articles are Pinned each day.
- Average time spent on Pinterest per visit is 14.2 minutes.
Source: Omnicore Stats, Pinterest
POWR PR is a full service Brand & Talent + Social PR firm. We specialize in helping start-ups to fortune 500's stay up to date with the most current trends & innovate the market while creating high profile results.
Latest posts by PowR PR (see all)